Information about the Center
The State Institution “Republican Scientific and Practical Center for Medical Technologies, Informatization, Administration and Management of Health” (RSPC MT) is a leading republican research institution on the performance and coordination of researches as regards problems of the organization, administration, economics and informatization in public health.
The aim of the activities of the Center is to carry out researches on the improvement of the public health system under current social-and-economic conditions, to develop the strategy and tactics, new organizational activities on the improvement of medical care in the Republic of Belarus
FROM THE HISTORY OF THE CENTER
The Belarusian Center for Medical Technologies, Computer Systems, Administration and Management of Health was founded on the basis of the Republican Information-Computer Center in 1992 (Regulation No 109 of 28.02.92 issued by the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus and Order No 46 of 13.03.92 issued by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus.
In 2000 - the State Institution “Belarusian Center for Medical Technologies, Computer Systems, Administration and Management of Health” (Order No 141 of 13.06.2000 of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus).
In 2007 - the State Institution “Republican Scientific and Practical Center for Medical Technologies, Informatization, Administration and Management of Health” (RSPC MT) (Order No 470 of 4.06.2007 of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus).
MAIN DIRECTIONS IN THE ACTIVITIES OF RSPC MT
- fundamental, applied scientific investigations in the field of public health and public health service;
- researches on the challenges of the public health development in the Republic of Belarus on the basis of the study of the national and international experience as regards the organization of the provision of the population with medical care, organization of the health professionals work;
- monitoring of medical-demographic and social indices and their forecast;
- scientific grounds for measures and activities of the state programme formation in the field of health protection of the population and evaluation of their efficiency;
- development of science-based proposals on the optimization of the state guarantees in rendering medical care;
- development of science-based proposals on the improvement of normative and legal basis in public health;
- scientific grounds and optimization of mechanisms on the organization of rendering medical care to the population of the Republic of Belarus;
development and application of the organizational technologies, effective methods of public health management;
- development of the methodology on the evaluation of medical technologies;
- elaboration of forecasts on further development of the public health system;
- creation of the database on the planned and fulfilled researches, results of their practical application aimed at the optimization of planning researches and control over the scientific standard of these investigations;
- preparation of recommendations on the use of research findings, as well as achievements of the world science in practical public health of the Republic of Belarus;
- regular renovation of the scientific subjects of investigations in accordance with the main directions of the research activities of the Center;
in accordance with established procedure submission of the scientific and other information as well as research reports and the obtained results to the customers of these researches and to appropriate state structures;
- study and generalization of the advanced experience in the work of the health care institutions;
- organization and conducting scientific symposia, training seminars, symposiums, “round tables”, meetings and conferences;
- rendering consultative and methodical assistance to the health care institutions including the assistance as regards the patent branch and public health management in the system of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus;
- participation in the international symposia, congresses and conferences;
- training of highly skilled personnel.
- elaboration of methodical recommendations in public health administration and management aimed at the efficient usage of financial, material and other resources, improvement of the organizational forms in rendering medical care to the population;
- development of proposals on the elaboration of normative and other documents addressed to the regulation of relations in the sphere of health protection of the population and improvement of the management system of public health; updating normative base of public health, creation of the database on the normative and other legal acts of the Ministry of Health;
- methodical, organizational and technical support of protocols for diagnosis and treatment of patients (adults and children) as regards the most common forms of nosological diseases at the outpatient and inpatient institutions;
- development, application and management of computerized systems on processing of information from health care institutions of various levels;
- development and application of the electronic documents circulation in the administration of the Ministry of Health and health care institutions;
- development, application and support of the computer systems on gathering and processing of information from the medical population-based registries, including the State Registry of Persons, Exposed to Ionizing Radiation as a Result of the Chernobyl Accident and the Belarusian Cancer Registry;
- development, application and management of computer systems for the creation of data storage for medical information, including for a long-term accrual of medical indices on the work of the branch and the state of the health of the population of the Republic of Belarus;
- information support and management of monitoring for the health of the population, environmental factors and demographic indices;
- management of the general medical classifiers, registries and other information resources of public health;
- creation and support of telemedicine systems at various levels;
- creation and support of telecommunication units and networks operation, including local computer networks in health care institutions of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus;
- technical and system support of computer equipment including equipment from the Ministry of Health, health care institutions of the Republic of Belarus; analysis and decision on the operational capability of computer equipment;
- publication activities.
The staff of RSPC MT numbered 95 persons including 26 researchers, and of them - 2 Doctors of Sciences and 11 Candidates of Sciences.